Created to support the goals of Canada’s National Adaptation Strategy, the Climate Change Adaptation Fund (CCAP) funds climate adaptation projects that:
- support communities, decision-makers and businesses in identifying, developing and implementing adaptation actions;
- strengthen workforce adaptation knowledge and skills; and/or
- increase access to climate adaptation tools and resources.
The program, which aims to advance climate adaptation action in Canada from 2023 to 2027, is open to:
- academic institutions;
- non-governmental organizations;
- industry, research, and professional associations;
- companies and businesses;
- Indigenous communities or governments;
- community, regional and national Indigenous organizations; and
- provincial, territorial, regional and municipal governments and their departments and agencies.
Funding applications will be accepted until midnight (EDT) on September 22, 2023.